Important Questions about Trenchless Sewer Repair

By in
52
Important Questions about Trenchless Sewer Repair

Around 20% of American homes use septic tanks to dispose of their sewage. The other 80% relies on municipal-treatment plants. No matter how you get rid of sewage, you might have some question about trenchless sewer repair. We will try to answer the most common question asked about this important new plumbing technique.

  1. What is a trenchless sewer repair?: A trenchless sewer repair is a technique used to repair an underground sewer system without exaction. The technology uses camera inspection to check where your sewer system needs replacement. Entry and exit holes are created to give access to the sewer line underground. With the help of a hydraulic system, a cable is used to pull the old pipes out through the exit holes while a new pipeline is introduced through the entry hole.
    A hydrojet is used to clean the sewer line before repairs begin. Using trenchless sewer technology conserves the landscape, reduces fuel usage, and costs less than excavations.
  2. Is a trenchless replacement better than excavation?: Trenchless sewer repair is a better option for various reasons. For instance, you do not need to excavate, which significantly lowers your cost. Also, a trenchless replacement uses less energy, is quicker, more efficient, and definitely cleaner than excavations. Excavation adds to your cost since you will have to factor in landscaping that will be entirely destroyed during the process.
  3. What are the types of trenchless repair?: There are two types of trenchless sewer repair, a pipe bursting and a Cured in Place Pipe (CIPP). A pipe burst refers to a system that relies on a hard bursting head and a flexible replacement. This method uses an exit hole and an entry hole to remove the lousy pipe and replace it with the new pipe. This method bursts the old pipe while simultaneously replacing it with a new high-density polyethylene pipe. 
    A CIPP, on the other hand, is a trenchless sewer repair technique that looks for a way to cure the old pipe instead of replacing it entirely. A flexible cloth tube is used together with resin and epoxy and kept cold until it is inserted in the sewer line. Hot air is them used to cure the mixture into a solid pipe formed within the old pipe.
  4. Does trenchless repair last?: This method of sewer pipe lining uses High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipes which are strong, durable, leak-proof, and known to resist corrosion and breakage better than PVC pipes, cast iron and older clay.
  5. Is trenchless repair right for your sewer?: Every sewer is unique and will have a range of issues that need your attention or a camera inspection. However, this technology will save you thousands of dollars in excavation, and the repairs you need to do after the work is complete.
  6. Where can I get a pipe bursting professional?: Bursting professionals can easily be found online by searching on Google. Read the company’s reviews to make sure you are dealing with plumbers with high-quality service and professionalism. Whether you need a septic tank repair or a French drain installation, a bursting profession will easily handle this for you. Contact us for camera inspection Greensburg to determine where your sewer line needs repair and replacement.
54321
(0 votes. Average 0 of 5)